Tax Calendar: Important Dates & Deadlines March - April 2014
March 2014 (note electronic quarterly payments by 21st as 22nd a Saturday)
- 1st - 2012/13 Self Assessment payment now 30 days late = 5% charge on the tax owing on that day
- 19th - Budget Day
- 31st - Closing date to claim for the Winter Fuel Benefit.
- March - Last minute tax planning. Double check you have availed of all relevant allowances/ exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, ISA's and pension.
Below dates relevant for Employers only.
- 2nd - Last chance to pay any balance of 2011/12 tax and Class 4 NICs to avoid an automatic 5% late payment penalty.
- 19th (21st if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due. Last day to send in Employer Payment Summary's (EPS) for month ended 5th March.
April 2014 (note due to Easter Bank holiday HMRC say postal payments sent no later than the 14th and electronic to reach HMRC by the 16th)
- 5th - End of 2013/14 tax year. Last chance to avail of annual exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, pension allowances and ISA's
- 5th - Those partaking in HMRC's Health and Wellbeing Tax Scheme need to have paid any declared tax owing by the 5th to avail of favourable terms.
- 6th - New tax year commences as do any tax changes such as the increase in the basic personal allowance to £10,000
- 6th - HMRC issue Self Assessment Returns and Notices to Complete a Return for the year to 5 April 2014.
- 30th - Last chance to avoid the £10 a day additional penalty on outstanding 2012/13 Self Assessment tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- 1st - Corporation Tax rate changes to 21% for 2013/14 (20% for small companies).
- 6th - Employers must check their payroll software incorporates the 2014-15 changes from today. Also make sure any relevant changes to employees tax codes for the 2014/15 year have been made.
- 16th -Your final Full Payment Submission (FPS) for the 2013-14 year should be returned by today. Don’t forget to answer the end-of-year declarations and questions.
- 16th (16th if paid electronically) - 1st quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Jan to 5th April 2014.
- 16th (16th if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat Ins, Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due.
- 16th (16th if paid electronically) -Interest is charged on any outstanding PAYE/CIS from 2013/14.
today: 145 7 days: 93531 days: 3,067
Published on 04/03/2014 © Listentotaxman.