Tax Calendar: Important Dates & Deadlines April - May 2014
April 2014 (note due to Easter Bank holiday HMRC say postal payments sent no later than the 14th and electronic to reach HMRC by the 16th)
- 5th - End of 2013/14 tax year. Last chance to avail of annual exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, pension allowances and ISA's 55
- 5th - Last chance to use up any unused pension allowance from 2010/11; or to claim back any overpaid tax from 2009/10; or to top up your NI contributions for the sake of your state pension for 2007/08.
- 5th - Those partaking in HMRC's Health and Wellbeing Tax Scheme need to have paid any declared tax owing by the 5th to avail of favourable terms.
- 6th - New tax year commences as do any tax changes such as the increase in the basic personal allowance to £10,000
- 6th - HMRC issue Self Assessment Returns and Notices to Complete a Return for the year to 5 April 2014.
- 30th - Last chance to avoid the £10 a day additional penalty on outstanding 2012/13 Self Assessment tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- 1st - Corporation Tax rate changes to 21% for 2013/14 (20% for small companies).
- 6th - Employers must check their payroll software incorporates the 2014-15 changes from today. Also make sure any relevant changes to employees tax codes for the 2014/15 year have been made.
- 16th -Your final Full Payment Submission (FPS) for the 2013-14 year should be returned by today. Don’t forget to answer the end-of-year declarations and questions.
- 16th (16th if paid electronically) - 1st quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Jan to 5th April 2014.
- 16th (16th if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat Ins, Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due.
- 16th (16th if paid electronically) -Interest is charged on any outstanding PAYE/CIS from 2013/14.
- 1st - 2012/13 Self Assessment now 3 Months late = £10 a day fine up to a maximum of £900 (90 days) for every day it is late.
- 31st - Employees should have received their P60 for 2013/14 from their employer by this date.
Below dates are relevant for Employers only
- 3rd - Deadline to notify HMRC of changes to employees car/fuel benefit (P46) from previous quarter.
- 19th (22ndif paid electronically) - PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & C.I.S. Monthly deductions due.
- 31st - Last date to issue P60’s for 2013/14 to employees.
today: 16 7 days: 49631 days: 2,879
Published on 01/04/2014 © Listentotaxman.