- 1st - 2013/14 Self Assessment payment now 30 days late = 5% charge on the tax owing on that day
- 9th - HMRC's Solicitors Tax Campaign - closing date to fill in notification form (pay tax owing by 9th June).
- 18th - Budget Day
- 31st - Closing date to claim for the Winter Fuel Benefit for this year.
- March - Last minute tax planning. Double check you have availed of all relevant allowances/ exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, ISA's and pension. Check out our article on making the most of your annual allowances.
Below dates relevant for Employers only.
- 2nd - Last chance to pay any balance of 2012/13 tax and Class 4 NICs to avoid an automatic 5% late payment penalty.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due. Last day to send in Employer Payment Summary's (EPS) for month ended 5th March.
April 2015 (note payments no later than the 17th, electronic the 22nd)
- 5th - End of 2014/15 tax year. Last chance to avail of annual exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, pension allowances and ISA's. Check out our article on making the most of your annual allowances.
- 5th - Last chance to use up any unused pension allowance from 2011/12; or to claim back any overpaid tax from 2010/11; or to top up your NI contributions for the sake of your state pension for 2008/09.
- 6th - New tax year commences as do any tax changes such as the increase in the basic personal allowance to £10,600
- 6th - HMRC issue Self Assessment Returns and Notices to Complete a Return for the year to 5 April 2015.
- 30th - Last chance to avoid the £10 a day additional penalty on outstanding 2013/14 Self Assessment tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- 1st - Corporation Tax rate changes back to 20% for 2014/15.
- 6th - Employers must check their payroll software incorporates the 2015-16 changes from today. Also make sure any relevant changes to employees tax codes for the 2015/16 year have been made.
- 17th -Your final Full Payment Submission (FPS) for the 2014-15 year should be returned by today. Note from 6th April 2015 completing the final declaration checklist on your FPS is no longer mandatory. HMRC will accept a final FPS or EPS for a period from 6 April 2014 to 5 April 2016 with or without a completed checklist.
- 17th (22nd if paid electronically) - 1st quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Jan to 5th April 2015.
- 17th (22nd if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat Ins, Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due.
- 17th (22nd if paid electronically) -Interest is charged on any outstanding PAYE/CIS from 2014/15.