Tax Calendar: Important Dates & Deadlines April - May 2013
Now updated with May's dates, here's a list of important tax dates and deadlines for the coming months
- 5th - End of 2012/13 tax year. Last chance to avail of annual exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, pension allowances and ISA's
- 30th - Last chance to avoid the £10 a day additional penalty on outstanding 2011/12 Self Assessment tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- 6th - Employers now required to report all payroll information in real time.
- 7th - Electronic filing and payment date for Vat period ending 28th February.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - 1st quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Jan to 5th April 2013.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat Ins, Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) -Interest is charged on any outstanding PAYE/CIS from 2012/13.
- 1st - 2011/12 Self Assessment now 3 Months late = £10 a day fine up to a maximum of £900 (90 days) for every day it is late.
- 31st - Employees should have received their P60 for 2012/13 from their employer by this date.
Below dates are relevant for Employers only
- 3rd - Deadline to notify HMRC of changes to employees car/fuel benefit (P46) from previous quarter.
- 19th - Deadline for online Employer Returns (P35, P14's) for 2012/13. Employer returns to be made online only, paper returns may receive a penalty.
- 17th (19th is a Sun this month so payments due by 17th, or 22nd if paid electronically) - PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & C.I.S. Monthly deductions due.
- 31st - Last date to issue P60’s for 2012/13 employees.