Tax Calendar: Important Dates & Deadlines December 2016 - Jan 2017
Now updated with January's dates, here's a list of important tax dates and deadlines for the coming months.
- 30th Online deadline for 2015/16 self assessment tax returns for those who wish HMRC to collect tax owing (if under £3,000), through the employees 2017/18 PAYE tax code.
Below dates are relevant for Employers only
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & C.I.S. Monthly deductions due.
- Jan 31st - Deadline for online return of your 2015/16 self assessment form. £100 fine if its late regardless of whether tax owing or not. See our Self Assessment Guide for tips on making your return.
- Jan 31st - Balance of 2015/2016 tax return due, also first payment on a/c of 2016/2017.
- Jan 31st - Supplementary 2015/16 forms P35 to be filed, and any liabilities paid, if corrections were required under IR35 rules. (Contractors)
- Jan 31st - Last chance to renew tax credits for 2016/17 tax year.
- Jan 31st - Deadline to make any amendments to 2014/15 tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- Jan 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & C.I.S. Monthly deductions due.
- Jan 19th, (22nd if paid electronically) - 4th quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Oct to 5th Jan2017.