Information on Company Annual Returns Extensions due to Covid 19.
Has Covid 19 had an impact on your company?
Wondering how to ask Companies House for an extension for your annual company return?
If COVID-19 has affected your company either financially, or through disruption in staff availability, resources, etc. you may need more time to file your annual accounts with Companies House.
Company accounts fall due for filing nine months after the companies financial year end. If your company return is due in the next few months, you may find it difficult to make this deadline.
If you can complete these returns on time, you should. In case you cannot, you can apply to Companies House for an immediate three month extension.
This extension is not automatic applied to all companies. You must apply for it.
- It must be applied for before the Company's normal filing deadline
- You will need your Company Number to apply.
- If the extension you apply for is on the grounds of disruption due to Covid 19, you will receive an immediate 3 month extension.
- Companies that have already extended their filing deadline, or shortened their accounting reference period, may not be eligible for an extension.
- Penalties: If you do not apply for an extension and your accounts are filed late, an automatic penalty will be imposed.
More info available from Gov.uk