Tax Calendar: Important Dates & Deadlines April - May 2022
Now updated with May dates, here's a list of important tax dates and deadlines for the coming months.Fri, 01 Apr 2022
April 2022 - End of Tax Year - Use up your allowances!
- 1st - Increase in Minimum Wage to £9.50 per hour for over 24's, for all rate changes see here.
- 5th - End of 2021/22 tax year. Last chance to avail of annual exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, pension allowances and ISA's
- 5th - deadline for electing to transfer the married couple’s allowance from husband to wife, or remove a previous transfer, for 2022/23.
- 5th - Last chance to use up any unused pension allowance from 2018/19; or to claim back any overpaid tax from 2017/18; or to top up your NI contributions for the sake of your state pension for 2015/16.
- 6th - New tax year commences as do any tax changes, see our list of tax changes for further info.
- 6th - HMRC issue Self Assessment Returns and Notices to Complete a Return for the year to 5 April 2022.
- 30th - Last chance to avoid the £10 a day additional penalty on outstanding 2020/21 Self Assessment tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- 6th - Employers must check their payroll software incorporates the 20-21 changes from today. Also make sure any relevant changes to employees tax codes for the 2022/23 year have been made.
- 19th - Your final Full Payment Submission (FPS) for the 2021-22 year should be returned by today.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - 1st quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Jan to 5th April 2022.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - PAYE, Nat Ins, Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - Interest is charged on any outstanding PAYE/CIS from 2021/22.
Also: 15th Good Friday-Bank Holiday; 18th Easter Monday- Bank Holiday; 23rd St George's Day
- 1st - 2021/22 Self Assessment now 3 Months late = £10 a day fine up to a maximum of £900 (90 days) for every day it is late.
- 31st - Employees should have received their P60 for 2022/23 from their employer by this date.
Below dates are relevant for Employers only.
- 3rd - Deadline to notify HMRC of changes to employees car/fuel benefit (P46) from previous quarter.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & C.I.S. Monthly deductions due.
- 31st - Last date to issue P60’s for 2022/23 to employees.
Also: 2nd Bank Holiday