- 5th - End of 2014/15 tax year. Last chance to avail of annual exemptions for capital gains tax, inheritance tax, pension allowances and ISA's
- 5th - Last chance to use up any unused pension allowance from 2012/13; or to claim back any overpaid tax from 2011/12; or to top up your NI contributions for the sake of your state pension for 2009/10.
- 6th - New tax year commences as do any tax changes such as the increase in the basic personal allowance to £11,000
- 6th - HMRC issue Self Assessment Returns and Notices to Complete a Return for the year to 5 April 2016.
- 30th - Last chance to avoid the £10 a day additional penalty on outstanding 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return.
Below dates relevant for Employers only
- 6th - Employers must check their payroll software incorporates the 2016-17 changes from today. Also make sure any relevant changes to employees tax codes for the 2016/17 year have been made.
- 19th -Your final Full Payment Submission (FPS) for the 2014-15 year should be returned by today. Note from 6th April 2015 completing the final declaration checklist on your FPS is no longer mandatory. HMRC will accept a final FPS or EPS for a period from 6 April 2014 to 5 April 2016 with or without a completed checklist.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - 1st quarter PAYE/Nat. Ins. payments due for period 6th Jan to 5th April 2015.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) -PAYE, Nat Ins, Student Loan & CIS monthly deductions due.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) -Interest is charged on any outstanding PAYE/CIS from 2014/15.
- 1st - 2014/15 Self Assessment now 3 Months late = £10 a day fine up to a maximum of £900 (90 days) for every day it is late.
- 31st - Employees should have received their P60 for 2015/16 from their employer by this date.
Below dates are relevant for Employers only
- 3rd - Deadline to notify HMRC of changes to employees car/fuel benefit (P46) from previous quarter.
- 19th (22nd if paid electronically) - PAYE, Nat. Ins.,Student Loan & C.I.S. Monthly deductions due.
- 31st - Last date to issue P60’s for 2015/16 to employees.