In this section, we have put together some long form content guides which I hope will help you understand the UK PAYE Tax System, reduce your tax bill, and get things done on time.
We take you through the initial steps to going solo.
Last minute Tax Planning. Our guide to what annual allowances you have and how to use them to reduce your tax bill.
How much interest on savings can you earn each year, before you have to pay tax?
Our guide to making your online self-assessment return with tips on reducing your tax bill and avoiding fines.
Wondering what everyday work expenses you can claim back on your self-assessment form? Here are some expenses that a PAYE paying employee can claim. Note these can also be backdated.
We take a look at the possible changes coming to CGT as a result of the recent OTS review.
What you need to know...
A guide to navigating payroll and staff benefits as a small business.
Our guide to IHT-avoidance measures used by the mega-wealthy.
If you are working from home for your employer you may be entitled to claim the working from home allowance? At £312 a year tax free, it is worth finding out if you qualify.
Self-employed guide to claiming allowances for working at home
Tax rates and allowances relevant to Landlords for 2021/22
- Last Minute Tax Return Guide- Get it Over the Line, on Time!
- Property Capital Gains Tax - Upcoming Changes in 2020
- Start the New Year Right- Self Assessment Guide
- Changes to mortgage interest relief for landlords
- Stress-less tax returns (well almost)
- A contractors guide for 2019/20
- What exactly does the removal of lettings tax relief mean for landlords?
- Landlords - Should you incorporate or not?
- AirBnb vs long-term-rentals
- What changes to buy-to-let mortgage interest tax relief for landlords?
- What do you do if you receive a letter from the HMRC Let Property Campaign?
- Valid expenses you could claim as a landlord
- Capital Gains Tax on Rental Property (Buy-to-let) 2019
- Avoid paying too much tax on rental income
- Buy-to-let Landlords - Most Common Tax Mistakes
- Landlord Tax Guide
- A Contractor's introduction to Director's Loans
- A contractors guide to VAT
- A guide to expenses for Contractors
- Contractors - LTD Company v Umbrella 2019-2020 Tax year
- IR35 - A contractors guide for 2019/20
- IR35 and private sector contracts - everything you need to know
- Do I Need To Register As A Self-Employed Sole Trader
- Are You Declaring All Of Your Earnings To HMRC
- Splitting your business to avoid paying VAT
- Company car tax for business owners
- What’s Required For Your First Digital VAT Return
- Scotland Vs England And Wales: What Are The Differences In Tax?
- Bookkeeper v Accountant
- 5 Tax changes that may affect you this year
- Top Ten Claimable Expenses for Limited Companies
- Salary vs Dividends
- Top Ten Year-End Tax Planning Tips for Small Businesses
- Making Tax Digital for Small Businesses
- 7 reasons you could have the wrong Tax Code
- Contractors - LTD Company v Umbrella? (2018/19)
- 14 Reasons why you may be due a tax refund
- 10 personal finance tips freelancers & contractors need to know
- Guide to the Changes to Stamp Duty
- Tax Basics for Contractors