In this section, we have put together some long form content guides which I hope will help you understand the UK PAYE Tax System, reduce your tax bill, and get things done on time.
If you are working from home for your employer you may be entitled to claim the working from home allowance? At £312 a year tax free, it is worth finding out if you qualify.
Self-employed guide to claiming allowances for working at home
Tax rates and allowances relevant to Landlords for 2020/21
This guide explains what expenses can be used to reduce your tax bill. There may be a few you had not thought of!
Considerations that expats should make when returning to the UK.
Our guide to the tax implications of branching out on your own.
With the impending IR35 changes right around the corner, the Limited vs Umbrella debate is on a lot of contractor’s minds. But what really is the difference and which one will be most beneficial to you?
Which is the better option for you?
Wondering about setting up a limited company to offer your trade/services through?
A guide on how to use your COVID 19 losses against your tax liability.
This is our basic guide to Inheritance Tax (IHT). We explain how you can legally save thousands
Tax planning Guide for Self-employed Sole Traders.
- How does the Eat Out to Help Out voucher scheme work?
- UK Contractors Limited Company vs Umbrella. 2020-2021 tax year update
- End of Tax Year planning - Use your Allowances to reduce your tax bill.
- A Guide To Self Assessments For Taxi Drivers 20/21
- Property Capital Gains Tax - Upcoming Changes in 2020
- Start the New Year Right- Self Assessment Guide
- Changes to mortgage interest relief for landlords
- Stress-less tax returns (well almost)
- A contractors guide for 2019/20
- Self Assessment Guide by Listentotaxman
- What exactly does the removal of lettings tax relief mean for landlords?
- Landlords - Should you incorporate or not?
- AirBnb vs long-term-rentals
- What changes to buy-to-let mortgage interest tax relief for landlords?
- What do you do if you receive a letter from the HMRC Let Property Campaign?
- Valid expenses you could claim as a landlord
- Capital Gains Tax on Rental Property (Buy-to-let) 2019
- Avoid paying too much tax on rental income
- Buy-to-let Landlords - Most Common Tax Mistakes
- Landlord Tax Guide
- A Contractor's introduction to Director's Loans
- A contractors guide to VAT
- A guide to expenses for Contractors
- Contractors - LTD Company v Umbrella 2019-2020 Tax year
- IR35 - A contractors guide for 2019/20
- IR35 and private sector contracts - everything you need to know
- Do I Need To Register As A Self-Employed Sole Trader
- Are You Declaring All Of Your Earnings To HMRC
- Splitting your business to avoid paying VAT
- Company car tax for business owners
- What’s Required For Your First Digital VAT Return
- Scotland Vs England And Wales: What Are The Differences In Tax?
- Bookkeeper v Accountant
- 5 Tax changes that may affect you this year
- Top Ten Claimable Expenses for Limited Companies
- Salary vs Dividends
- Top Ten Year-End Tax Planning Tips for Small Businesses
- Making Tax Digital for Small Businesses
- 7 reasons you could have the wrong Tax Code
- Contractors - LTD Company v Umbrella? (2018/19)
- 14 Reasons why you may be due a tax refund
- 10 personal finance tips freelancers & contractors need to know
- Guide to the Changes to Stamp Duty
- Tax Basics for Contractors